Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sarah Sponda

I am writing this to let you know I am always thinking of you and the situations placed in your path.
I pray for you and your family to be able to wrap your heads around what may seem a mountain at your door.  But pray, I do.  I hug you guys daily with my heart and my mind.  I cry with you and sometimes I cry for you.   I understand.  I do.

It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are standing in the middle of "darkness".  It is easy to become fearful of what lies ahead, where to place your next step.  We all know the light is at the end.  But what we don't know and what makes our journey stressful at times is what we will encounter in that tunnel and how we will handle it.   The good thing is. . . we don't always have to go through tunnels!  Sometimes we can walk on a bridge or dance in the rain or catch snowflakes on our tongues or just sit on a pier at the river and dangle our legs taking in all the good life has given us and anticipating the best that is yet to come.

I read once when someone asked, "Why me?", the appropriate question should be, "Why not me?" I feel God has chosen you because of your strength, your faithfulness, but mostly because of your willingness.  He knew who could carry the burden, who would pray without ceasing, and who would learn to lean unashamedly on Him.  You are the middle child for a reason. You are a fulcrum.  You are the pivot on which your siblings are balanced.  It is a big job with seemingly little rewards that you can see.  But the rewards are there ~ Every.  Single.  Day.  They are your little nuggets of hope and hugs and smiles.  *They are the family and friends God has strategically placed around and about you, near and far.  They give you heartfelt, but God honoring advice.  They love you.  They do. They stand on each side of you ~ holding you up during the battle you are fighting. They offer you rest when you get weary.  They may not always be there physically, but their hearts and prayers are.  You are "sandwiched" between those who love and care for you. 

Please do not feel you are walking this journey called Life alone. 
Please feel the love that flows your way.

I love you ~ more than you will ever know.

Mom-Mom

PS:  Some of my favorite verses/quotes:

"Fear is the devil's darkroom where he takes you to develop the negative."

Ps. 119:105 ~  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

Exodus 17:11-12 ~  " 11. And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed and when he let down his hand Amalek prevailed. 12. But Moses hands were heavy and they (Aaron & Hur) took a stone and put it under him and he sat thereon:  and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands , the one on the one side and the one on the other side, and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun."
 *we battle daily, Sarah.  We need Aarons and Hurs in our lives to help us prevail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........