Friday, June 12, 2009

"400 Mile Yard Sale" Part 1







While we were at Jenny's for Christian's graduation, we found out the "400 Mile Yard Sale" was going on. I don't know where it began or ended, but it ran thru Nicholasville, Wilmore, Harrodsburg, and beyond. We decided to check it out. There wasn't much activity along the way (we only went to Harrodsburg, about 30 miles). The ride to Harrodsburd was - what can I say - quite a ride! We had to go along a mountain - rock wall on one side, and a steep drop off on the other (insert swimmy head here). We also passed over a bridge over a muddy river beneath (insert nausea here). I tried to get Sarah to take pictures along the way (because I couldn't move) but she - being like me - felt it was safer to look straight ahead - as if we could will the van to stay on the road! ! I told Jenny that if we broke down, the only way off was to CRAWL ! ! (preferably against the rock wall - LOL! ! ) The pics here are from our return ride home. Alicia - God bless her - wasn't afraid to take pictures.
The most memorable part of the journey (thank goodness - since this part just about did me in) is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........