Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Scramping" Therapy

Last night I had the privilege of attending another "scramping" therapy session. For those of you who are not quite sure what this is, or if you even need it, let me explain.

Scramping is a combination of scrapbooking - which I am affectionately drawn to - and stamping - which most in the "group" are passionately drawn to. We get together to share ideas, techniques and "toys". I personally don't have the plethora of toys that my partners in crime have, but I share their desire and urgency to do something with paper :). I, however, did not go for the scramping last night, but for the "therapy".

So. . . . how, you may ask, can this be "therapy"? Well, let me begin by saying - anytime you have a common ground or goal, it is beneficial to all around. One of the things we have in common is mentioned above. But, the most important thing for me is the spiritual side of our "therapy" group. We laugh, cry, listen, sometimes advise, sometimes gripe. Now, lest we get off track and are perhaps a little more unkind than tolerable, the most wonderful thing happens - Heidi brings us back to our place in a most humble, kind, loving, way - which usually makes me feel like the back end of the horse! But, that is what we need. And we need a place to safely do that. And Heidi gives us that place - and I thank God for her! So these little "meetings" are very therapeutic for me. Now, don't get me wrong - sometimes I actually do create something - but I have to confess - my motive for going is usually for the fellowship :)! ! !

How do you know if you need this "therapy"? Well. . . you are drawn by a desire to be with those of like mind and spirit, you have a need to be comforted and uplifted, a need to be with God's children, sisters in Christ and a need to not only feel compassion but a desire to extend compassion.

I'm sure I've blogged about this before, but sometimes one "session" will leave a deeper impression in my mind more than another, and you know me - can't keep it in there! !

So now - PG - if you are reading this, I just want you to know your wife has a wonderful gift that -to me anyway - has become a beautiful ministry. Money and time well invested, I should say and kudos to you for supporting her! ! !

1 comment:

  1. Oh Barb, You are too kind. I couldn't help but cry when I read your post today. Thank you dear friend. You know my scramping stuff is always available and the therapy is free too. I cherish our friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........