Friday, October 4, 2013

Sunshine On My Shoulders

Today was one of those rare days where I embraced being home all by myself.  The sun was shining, the weather was warm toasty, and it was perfectly peaceful and quiet.  I don't get these kinds of days too often anymore. Family keeps me busier than a one armed paper hanger in a wind storm!

So, just what did I do with all that extra time?  I used all that extra time to work on, and almost complete, a quilt for one of my gals.  I had the radio tuned to oldies, and when I say oldies, I'm talkin':  "The Wanderer", "I'll Cry If I Want To", "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" and so many more.  I would sew some, stretch some, dance some, sew some more, eat, sew, dance, sing a little,  and peruse the internet.  I took Audrey out to do her business so we could get some fresh air. Did I mention it was a little toasty out there?  And I stuck my hands in the pool (that we haven't closed up yet). Then we would come in a and get a treat and some iced tea and continue on.  And I had a chance to reflect ~ a LOT ~ today.  It was wonderful.

Near the end of the day John Denver's song, "Sunshine On My Shoulders" came on.  It was the perfect finish for the day.  As I was listening (I love his voice, by the way) I couldn't help but think how I would love to give everyone I know a day like I had today.  Not that it was incredible, but that it was just so relaxing.  Incredibly relaxing.  I think his words pretty much summed up the condition my spirit was in. 

So, here's my gift to you.   Just sit back, close your eyes, take calming breaths and let your cares ease away.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your sunshine with me. And, John Denver because I love him! Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........