Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hope

I just finished reading my Kindred Spirit's blog.  I love her and her willingness to be right out there, up front, honest.  Unbeknownst to her, she challenges me in so many ways.

Most of the past few months I have felt like this:


That's Audrey under all those animals.  Just substitute me with her and every day life with the stuffed animals.  That would just about sum it up.  Life just piled right on top of me. 

Being reminded of how gracious, giving, understanding, willing and patient our God is makes that pile a little softer on my shoulders. It's not easy for me.  I am stingy with my problems.  No one can fix them but me.  No one understands but me.  No one cares about them but me.  I'm surprised God hasn't bonked me on the head with a brick by now.  But being reminded to pray diligently and earnestly helps me to "Let go and let God" handle them with me or for me.  It gives me Hope.

Hope.  My word for the year.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
Romans 8:25

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful word indeed! A year of hope and prayer for two kindred spirits. Now that makes me super excited for 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........