Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Write Poetry. . . . .

I write poetry for myself
It's what I need to do
See. . .  I have trouble sometimes
Speaking words from me to you.

I write in lilting rhyme
To tell you how I feel
Make no mistake as you read
My feelings are . .  very real.

My heart may be heavy burdened
Or it may be light as air
I may write with anticipation
Or pen words without a care.

But no matter the circumstance
My words are written down
They come from a special place
And they utter not a sound.

In my head and heart they live
Uniting to "sing my song".
If I pen them quickly, you see
They'll live my whole life long.

But if I tarry, but just a bit
The words will whirl around 
And quickly the "winds" will carry them
Their passage wayward bound.

So, I write in lilting rhyme
To tell you how I feel.
Make no mistake as you read
My feelings are  . . .  very real.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........