Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I Live In A Small Town . . . .

Small towns have their advantages.  They are quiet.  They are quaint.  And seemingly,
everybody knows everything about everybody.  Seemingly.  Just ask any kid you
see perusing "The Boulevard".  They will fill you in on the latest happenings.
And. . . . . occasionally you will run across a Nosey Nellie  an adult with the same "super powers".

Anywho ~ our Small Town is getting overtaken by giant metal beasts an upgrade.
First to arrive were the sidewalk people, followed by the wire people.
(Like my formal titles?)



They paved the way for the paving people.



 These massive beasts parked outside my house like big black Carpenter Ants on a paved path.
They were awesome to look at.  I don't recall ever seeing such clean and shiny paving trucks.
They are mesmerizing .  I am fascinated with them.  Please don't ask me why. Just don't,
'cause I don't know why. I just am. I want to drive one.
I do.
You can tell they are built for hard labor and in it for the long haul. 


They moved stealthily around each other . . . .



but mostly maintained a straight line behind the street wetting machine.  Another beast. 
They would move and pause ~ waiting for the "Leader of the Pack" to do his thang.




It was a "Slow Ride", and some were takin' it easy . . . . .until
time to move along.



"Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us a convoy!"
About to put the hammer down for THIS . . . .

"Ain't she a beautiful sight?"

THIS, this thing is a BEAST. I thought my house was going to shake off its foundation!
Scared the dickens out of me when everything rattled.
I was thinking a "1 "on the Richter Scale. Yep.


Then we had this cutie bringing up the rear. . . . .


It reminded me of that little rhinoceros on Jumanjii. 
You know, the one at the end of the stampede.  Huffing along.
Only this guy wasn't huffing along. He was "Smooth Sailing"!
He was smoothing out all the stuff the BEAST was laying down.
so the road would start to look like a road again and not a scraped knee.

It's the beginning to the end. . . . .


Now all they have to do is finish smoothing and stripe that baby up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........