Saturday, June 5, 2010

My "Happy Place"

This post was triggered by my niece, Jessie. She posted on FB a couple days ago that she had lost her "happy place". Could someone please give her directions so she could find it again. I totally understood her dilemma. I felt as though my "happy place" had been misplaced as well.

What, exactly, is a "happy place"? The best I can surmise is: it can be a person, place, smell, thought, idea, some one's voice, or a touch (sounds very much like a noun, doesn't it?) It can be all of these things to one person, or just one of these things. It. Just. Needs. To. Make. You. Smile. And although I am affected by all the pleasantries these things can offer, there is one little item that does just that - makes me smile. At any given time. When I see it.

As I was dusting my dining room this morning, I found my "Happy Place". I was pleasantly surprised by the smile it brought me. I found this little thing - probably more than a year or so ago - nestled in amongst it's counterparts. It was, however, different. And I claimed it. It made me smile immediately. The kids could only admire it. I was made fun of by everyone, initially, but hey, that was okay. It was my treasure! Personally, I think they were a tad bit jealous that they didn't find it first!

And here she is - My Happy Place.



Just look at her! She has personality, style, attitude, confidence. She has it all.

First: She is wearing purple. A royal color. Bold. Beautiful. Shiny. ooooo. . ..aaaaahhh

Second: Underneath her gorgeous attire lies an envious body of DARK chocolate. DARK and RICH. She is a temptress. Did I just say that?

Thirdly: She is having the time of her life. She is a party all in herself. Just look at the many tendrils flowing from her! Not at all like her counterparts with only one, lonely, little, strand.
Not her - she is IT! ! She, my friends, is celebrating life!

So find your "Happy Place". Allow it to make you smile. Be creative. Sometimes we can find fun, joy, or whimsy in unexpected places. A bag of Hershey's dark chocolate, for instance!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your post again & stopped to think that earlier today.... you know what?? I found my happy place with a dear friend...We laughed, shared some chocolate milk & I felt refreshed for the rest of my day :-) Thanks for sharing your sweet perspective with others...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........