Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Swim Lessons - 101"

This was Helena's swim aid last year. When I opened the pool I hadn't got all the "equipment" out of storage so. . . . . . .

. . . . . .Helena had to use this. . . . an inner tube that had missed the storage box last year. She wasn't overly thrilled, for fear of drowning, but in lieu of watching Rease swim, she donned the rubber star.



In the mean time I shopped the Dollar Tree for noodles. (Why pay more when they will be done for at the end of the season anyway? Hm?) Helena watched Rease jump in and grab her noodles of choice. I could see the wheels turning - and I was getting queasy thinking what she was thinking. She did, however, get in the pool with her star and immediately insisted that I take it off and give her a noodle. *Insert sinking feeling here* (not her, me!) "Are you sure?" asked I.
"Yes!" says she. Against my better judgement, I obliged. Not only did she make out ok with the noodle . . . . . .




. . . . . she let go of it and proceeded to doggie paddle! Be still my beating heart!





Questions is: When did she lose the fear of drowning?
Was it the colorful noodles that enticed her, or her pride - not wanting to "hang" around in that star!
I think she wore herself out paddling around. Rease was a nervous wreck - thought her little sister was going to "belly up"! !
Helena told me she was taking swimming lessons - at Mom-mom's - and she wanted to know if she was going to graduate - Oh. My. "Of course", I told her. I know - you don't have to say it.
Little does this gal know the only lessons she will be getting are the ones she picks up naturally, because the owner/operator of "Rease Swim Club" can't swim a lick! ! ! How's that for faith?

Umm . . . PS - after school this afternoon Helena spotted her purple swimmie on the deck. She said: "Thank you for finding my swimmie. Where was it?" I told her it was with the beach towels. "Oh. I'm not going to be wearing it, but thank you anyway." she says.
Alrighty then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........