Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sock Fight

Sometimes life's stress just won't let go of you. No matter how you try to avoid it, it's there.
It has been that way for not only me, but for Ben as well, these past few days. We are on a deadline to finish behind the fridge before Saturday. And . . . we both have other stress fractures in our lives right now.

I don't hide disappointment very well. I am easy to read. I try. I really do try very hard to not show it. But it is there. The same is with Ben. Today was one of those days. I know he has a lot on his plate but I need to have the walls behind the fridge done. I can't look at him for fear of showing disappointment or worry. He senses it. He is good like that. I try to avoid him.

So. . . I go upstairs to divert my attention to something else - like looking for a fall flag for outside. Mr. Nosey Nate follows me up. On the spare bed is a plethora of socks that belong to Rease and Helena. Nosey Nate starts chunking them at me. I'm not in the mood for this. But he is relentless. So . . . . as any good mother would do - I returned the favor! Now let me just tell you, short of a snowball fight, this was wonderful therapy for the soul. It allowed us to get out pent up aggression, frustration and aggravation. By the end of the battle we were running from room to room, ducking and dodging socks, sneaking up on the opponent and laughing fearlessly at each other and ourselves. And I must say, mom here didn't do a bad job defending herself, either!

It was a much needed "battle". It may not carry us through the next task, but we were able to see beyond it and laugh while we were at it!

Proverbs 17:22a - " A merry heart doeth good, like medicine. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........