Friday, December 31, 2010

A Brief Look at 2010

As I look back over this past year I am surprised at the many things that have transpired.
  • Bob took a job in February of this year in Kentucky. When he left there was at least 18 inches of snow on the ground. Thank you very much.
  • Ben and I started working on the kitchen in March, which still isn't done, by the way. Talk about patience - whew - I think I have the definition memorized by now!
  • Ben graduated from Wor-Wic in May.
  • Piper was born at the end of May.
  • Bob came back home in June.
  • He's had a couple different jobs since then.
  • He got laid off from his last job just before Thanksgiving.
  • Christmas was wonky this year - to say the least.
  • We are currently still unemployed.

I have survived. I will continue to do so. I may go a little crazy now and then, but survive I will do. On the flip side of all this, I have been richly blessed.

  • We got a huge tax return last year, thanks to our paying Ben's tuition. That allowed us to buy some things for the kitchen and it is keeping us afloat at the moment.
  • Bob was able to get unemployment - not a healthy pay check, but it keeps the creditors fed.
  • My sister and her family were generous to us this Christmas - God truly provides in the time of need - and I am eternally grateful for that and I am thankful for her.
  • Everyone is healthy (we don't have health insurance at this moment in time)
  • I have friends that pray for me and two gals that let me vent to the ends of the earth

I am not fearful of this coming year. It will be what it will be. I only have to "go with the flow" and keep my head bowed and my knees bent. I pray for: wisdom, strength, compassion, humor, creativity, and that ugly word, patience.

So begins a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........