Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Two-thousand-eleven

Thanksgiving is no longer looming over my shoulder, it is here and gone.  I've had mixed emotions this year, as in every year ~ nostalgia and thankfulness.  I think I am a mess. Period.

Nostalgia because Thanksgiving brings around so many different memories and feelings ~ all rolled together like the proverbial pumpkin roll.  And they are just as soft and gooey.  I cherish them with an anxious love. I embrace them as one would embrace a wayward child, knowing you may only be able to hold on for a  moment.  It all falls into that broad spectrum called, L.I.F.E. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. 

Equally, it's hard not to reflect on those things for which I am thankful, especially this time of year.  And I have many things to be thankful for.  My family is in good health.  It is growing in sweet, unexpected ways.  This year, as last year, we have a new Be`be` to be thankful for.  We are all employed at this moment in time.  We may not all be together, but our hearts are intertwined in such a way that we feel and miss each other's presence.  And I believe that's what makes it nostalgically sweet.  As I longingly look back, I assess my here and now, and I anticipate my tomorrows. 

It's this time of year, more than ever that I think of my brother and two sisters.  Without them I know for certain that I would not be half the person I am today.  Un-beknownst to them, they helped shape who I am.   And as I . . . . wait, that's a story for my other blog!  Sorry.

So, thankful I am
Thankful I'll be
Thankful for everyone
And all they mean to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........