Sunday, March 18, 2012

Good Fences = Good Neighbors?

I've heard it said that "good fences make good neighbors".  I'm not so sure I a agree with that quote ~ totally.  I personally think good caring people make good neighbors.  Case in point below:




My next door  neighbor, Tim, gave me a ring on the horn yesterday to tell me he had cut some Camellias before frost gets them and left them at my back door.  I practically hung up on the man I was so excited!  They are simply gorgeous!  He has some of the loveliest flowers in his yard.  The girls and I just drool over them.  Sometimes he gives me cuttings of plants he's growing. Ahhhh, yes. THIS is one of many things that makes a good neighbor. Yep. 

Now if you know where I live you may ask:  "Pray tell, why do you have a six foot privacy fence surrounding your back yard then?"  Simple:  I don't want some little tyke eyeballing my pool in the middle of summer and simply be unable to resist the urge to take a dip.  There could be nothing worse than some Mama's baby drowning in said pool (any age is a "Mama's baby").  THIS is when good fences make good neighbors.  

1 comment:

  1. In our neighborhood, good fences = a happy Heath ;) Love that doily by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........