Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sweet Surprise

Sometimes it's the little surprises that have the most impact. 
Like last night for example.   Bob and I went to the PO after picking up our regular Friday night pizza. We hadn't been since Hope left on the 1st of August.  The sad thing is ~ the PO is across the street!  For the shame of it all!

As I'm sorting thru the mail, separating mine, Kelly's and Ben's, I run across a card addressed to me:
I'm excited and curious at the same time.  It's printed like an invitation, and seeing who it's from really makes me curious.  She just graduated ~ so that can't be it.  I don't even want to entertain any other kinds of ideas.   Noooo Ma'am.  Not gonna.  Excited because the stamp is a rooosterrrr!
Couldn't wait to get home to open it!  Pizza can wait.  Cards cannot.




Can I tell you when I looked inside I was giddy with joy?  (It wasn't "the other kinds of possibilities"!  PTL! ! )  This is what greeted me:


Let me just say, love is an understatement!  I tear up just writing this.  Such a blessing to end my week! How she managed to find a card that fit was just too cool!   But then I open the card ~ and this is what I see:


Can I just cry now and be done with it? 
Surprise doesn't quite fit the bill.  I was elated!
This isn't a store bought card at all ~ which is the icing on the cake because these are HER words!

I flipped it over to see what program she used to make it. 

And ~ hellloooo:


All I can do is smile.


Thank you Alicia for such kind and thoughtful words.
I love you so very much!
So.  Very.   Much.

Love,
Mom-mom


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, perfect surprise! I am gonna check out American Greetings for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........