Tuesday, April 28, 2009

20 Things That Add Joy to My Day

A little while ago Christie challenged her "blogging buddies" to make list of things that added joy to their day. Its not something that you would automatically think of so its kind of cool to have to stop and ask yourself: "What makes me feel joy?" So. . . . here is my joyful day!


*walking in the mornings (when I am in the routine) with a dear friend -Miss Carol Ann. Our conversations almost always center around the Lord * watching Helena eat- she truly enjoys her food! *sending a note or email to someone special *receiving an unexpected note, myself
* getting a craft or project completely done *standing still early in the morning on a spring day and listening to the birds sing * watching the little shadows play across the room as the sun shines in * snuggling with Helena on a dreary day and watching "her programs" with her * reading a random verse and finding it applies to a situation at hand * getting dinner done on time - yep, that's a big one! * reading my email and finding someone is praying for me at just the right time *window shopping *finding out one of my grandchildren has done something wonderful *putting on an outfit and feeling good in it *hearing a quote that touches me *listening to Ben laugh (he has a most unique laugh) *having a cup of coffee waiting for me when I wake up! (Bob is so good about this!) *reminiscing over photos as I scrapbook
*just knowing i have special friends *knowing God loves me - even when I am unlovely

I know at any given time there could be a dozen or more joyful things added to this list. I think I take the small joys for granted and I am really put on the spot to name them! I have really tried to stop a take note of my daily routine and all the hidden joys in it.

Thank you, Christie, for this challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I love your list! Isn't it fun to reflect on the things that give you joy? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........