Saturday, April 18, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun!





I have been working in the yard off and on all week - weather permitting. Helena has been my shadow - can't move without her. I've been digging weeds and crab grass along the fence so I can plant a flower bed. Since it rained some - the ground was damp - which made for easy pulling and a treasure trove of earthworms! I didn't draw attention to them - not my cup of tea. But of course, Helena's sharp eye found them. Had to put some dirt in a bucket so she could carry her new found "pets" around. When Rease got home from school, she joined the "search".

Rules though - couldn't dig the "babies" - only the "mommies" and they had to let them go at the end of the day. Now, just knowing those worms were in the bucket wasn't enough -nope. They just had to take them out, check on them, pet them and of course an occasional tug of war - which would end with someone's worm getting "teared apart"! Whoever said girls were afraid of worms - hasn't met these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........