Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Perfect Pitch

In the game of life you get a lot of "pitches". Sometimes life throws you that "curve ball" that you arent' quite ready for and you swing too early, or too late, or not at all. Sometimes you get the unexpected "strike" - one of two options - it blows past you and you are just standing there watching it, or you are swinging like crazy to make contact. Sometimes you get the justified "ball" and you need to let it go. To swing at that would be futile and frustrating. And then there is what is affectionately called the "lollipop" - the perfect pitch that leaves the field when you make contact. Sometimes you know its the pitch right away, and sometimes you know it the moment contact is made. Aren't our decisions about the things the Lord puts in front of us the same? I think, more often than not, we get more "balls" than "perfect pitches". We just have to be aware of what to let go and what to "swing" at. I am thankful that I don't always have to make that decision while at the plate, that I can think about it in some cases and that I have wonderful Christian friends that can give me that "pep" talk when I need it and when I want it. Life is like that - so enjoy the "game" and listen to the "umpire"! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........