Monday, October 5, 2009

Be Still My Beating Heart!



For some unknown reason, Helena has been terrified of Christian. It didn't matter how hard he tried to win her over, she would have major melt downs. She would walk out of her way to get somewhere just to avoid going near him. She wouldn't talk to him, sit near him, or even look at him at times. He has NEVER yelled at her, scolded her, fussed with her or even teased her.

So when we found out he was coming here for fall break, we pondered how to tell her. We pondered so long, as a matter of fact, that I didn't tell her til she got home from school toady. Predictably, she had a major melt down. (Bob had wanted me to tell her this morning, but all I could think about was her crying all day thinking about him being here and her poor teacher not having a clue as to what was going on!) So Jenny - being the wise mom that she is (most of the time - tee hee) called Christian (he was at Lowes with Ben) and told him to bring her favorite Slurpee home from Royal Farms. That broke the ice! I suggested she give him a hug and thank him and she graciously obliged! JOY - JOY - JOY ! ! But I was still a little skeptical. So I went outside later and asked her to hug him again - and guess what? ? ? yep - by George, I think we've made it! ! ! I asked her why it was different this time, and she said it was because she is 5 now! ! !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........