Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mama Said There'd be Days Like This!



  1. The girls were late getting here this morning to get on the bus - so late, as a matter of fact, that when Kenny pulled into the parking lot they literally had to run to get to the bus stop.

  2. Generally Ben is not here in the afternoon when the girls get home (except for Fridays). But today he was so I asked him if he would like to go with me to meet the girls.

  3. After getting off the bus, Helena took it upon herself to run ahead to the house - no problem - right? Wrong!

  4. She ran back to meet us and proudly announced she had locked herself in! (I'm thinking - what?)

  5. So as I am pondering this, I look down at Rease's feet and she has on MY crocs!

Conversation: Me - "Rease - are those my shoes (duh) and did you wear them all day? (I was secretly praying she changed them on the bus) Rease - "yea (giggle, giggle)" Me - "Why?" Rease - "Because my sneakers were here, and we were in a hurry and I had to run to catch the bus!" "And I couldn't take gym today!" (yikes) - How did she have my shoes in the first place you ask - she wears them home each night (her feet are hot when she gets home from school), wears them back the next morning and changes into her sneakers for school.


6. So we get to the back door, and sure enough, Helena has locked us out. Ben says - no worry. He will just pop the screen and drop Helena thru. Helena has an instant melt down. She burst into tears at thought of being dropped into the house. But - she went and - ta da - here we are.


Mama said there'd be days like this, Mama said. . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........