Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Charity"

Charity according to Webster:
1. generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill or helpless
2. Christian love; agape

I love the verse on my side bar today - 1 Cor. 13:1-3

Sometimes I think I get all caught up in the law of the Word that I forget the most simple of things. I can have all the gifts God has to offer, but if I don't give of myself - my time, my money, or my love - what earthly good are these gifts? Who will they actually benefit? Who am I pleasing "owning" these things if I don't give from the deepest part of myself? I don't want to be the package all wrapped with a pretty bow - and be empty inside. I think giving from the depth of the soul only heightens the gifts one has to offer. It is a difficult thing for me to do - pulling from deep inside the things that are, for me anyway, the hardest to share - no - give. But, if I can focus on these things consistently, maybe, just maybe, I can embrace and accomplish this very unique verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........