Friday, November 12, 2010

Blessings. . . . when you least expect them.

I've had several blessings this week. All of them quite unexpected and from unusual places.

1. From Christie's blog - via FB:
Isaiah 46:4 NKJV: "Even to your old age, I am He. And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.
I am certainly at the gray hair stage, and I am certainly, eternally grateful that God will still carry me!

2. Kelly texted me and said she didn't feel well and was staying home today. This meant she would have Piper. I was sorry she felt bad, but being babyless opened the doors for me to get odd things done. Like: trimming around the baseboards with paint, laundry and - a blog post over on my other blog.

3. And because I didn't have Piper, I went to Kohls with my 30% coupon in hand and got things I needed. ie: jeans, shoes, *wink* and a Trans Siberian CD! And, and I got $10.00 Kohls cash!
Ta-da! ! !

4. As I was pulling into Marshalls (after my Kohls run) I was listening to Dr. J. Vernon Megee. He was very, um, adamant today. A couple of things spoke to me in his message:
A. People are too busy "playing church".
B. He doesn't like it when people say "I've given my life to Christ." He already has our life. He wants our righteousness!

5. I read a blog that Heidi had linked to on FB. I really did relate to that. About not judging people so quickly. You never know what they are feeling or what they are going thru at that moment in time. But to be sensitive to the hearts of others. A little kindness goes a long, long way.

How perfect the timing has been - only God is capable of putting so many things out there from so many different people to minister to what I need at this moment in time. It never ceases to amaze me. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........