Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Sunday

My Sunday has been lovely. Waking up to bright sunshine is wonderful. Makes my mornings more tolerable!

1. I really appreciated today's message in church. It was on Proverbs 14:34:

"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."

In a nut shell: We must beware the reproach of sin. It is repulsive in its nature. It is shameful, it offends a Holy God and it brings down the name of Christ. Sin is scandalous, unrighteous, wicked, and shows lack of faith. Sin is a reproach to others. It affects them and it affects without fail.

On the flip side: Righteousness exalts or lifts up. We ought to practice it, promote it, and preach it - pointing others toward the way of righteousness.

Made me examine myself. Period.

2. When we got home from church today Ben had made french toast! Yummy. What a nice thing to walk in to. I was a happy camper! Yea for guys that aren't afraid to cook!


3. But. . . before I could eat, there was a knock at the front door. When I opened it, there stood my little Goldilocks with a motorcycle helmet on her tiny little head! I looked beyond her and there sat her mode of transportation. A HARLEY! Kelly's roommate's daughter's grandfather was giving the girls rides.



She's too tiny. Sniffle, sniffle. And she's wearing flip flops. Horror, horror!

Bye, bye my sweet thing. Hang on now! Don't let go!


Ah, another one of my treasures. Same thing. Flip flops. Horror, horror!



It's okay! Just hang on! Don't be frightened!
Well, they weren't frightened at all. In fact, they loved it! And grand pa was very mindful of them. I am glad he brought them by so I could see! I think Pop-pop may have been a little jealous, though. A HARLEY, of all things! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........