Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Poetry

"Spring's Snow"

I know many people don't like
The snow that falls in spring
Or the cold reminder of winter
That it's light, soft flakes do bring.


But snow on flowers speaks to me
I see their colors crisp and clear.
The snow adds to the canvas a gentle touch
Even though spring is already here.

It reminds me how strong life can be
Peeking from under the coverlet light.
Assuredly Spring will send her warmth
To peel back the blanket of white.

It lasts but moments, and then its gone
To the earth the snow does flow.
And the flowers get a precious drink
That's provided by Spring's sweet snow.

Crickett

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I am one of those people who don't like snow in spring. Kodiak, AK ruined me! But, your poem is so beautiful I might just be changing my mind. :) makes me think about Spring Snow in a much more positive light. :))

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........