Monday, September 29, 2014

September Summary

I can relate to the poor cat chasing his tail.  I feel like that's all I do anymore ~ 'round-n-'round we go!

September arrived quickly and now it's almost time to say goodbye.  A quick month for sure.

I guess that's what happens when you get busy.

Busy finishing up projects purchased in the spring:

 
This is the heinous coffee table (bottom) I purchased at a flea market for three bucks . . .
 I think I over paid.  It was rickety and glue laden.
Not to mention, filthy.
 
 
The boy taking it apart and bracing it up.
It needed to have the glue scraped off, a couple bolts and
the drawer re-glued.
 
 
 
Top sanded and polyed.
 
 
Bottom primed.
Like my workshop?
 
 
First coat of paint.
Really liked the color but it was just a little
too "beachy blue" for our living room.
 
 
Second coat - in a pale green. 
Um . . . . no.
Not quite.
 
 
The same green with a dark glaze, polyed and
waiting for knobs.
Tricky, tricky ~finding just the right accessories.
 
 
Then we have this:
 
Itty Bitty and pre-school at Mom-mom's house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course there was the bazillion birthdays and all the every day stuff that happens in life.  There is quite a bit of truth to the notion that the older one gets the faster life gets.  No pause.  No rewind.  And thank goodness, no fast forward! 
 
Toodles for now!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and I love your coffee table! I think you need to do a post where you take all sorts of pictures of the nooks and crannies of your home that you love, because your house is so pretty and I want to see all your loveliness!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........