Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ocean City Stamp Convention/Car Show

Today I went to the Stamp Convention in Ocean City with Karen Kook and the second half of my "Aaron and Hur" team, Heidi! We had a lovely time shopping, I mean browsing, all the neat items one must have for the "addiction of choice". This was, needless to say, the place for Miss Heidi! I tried really, really, I mean, re-eally hard not to be an enabler! Do you know how hard that is when the things that strike your own fancy are just around the corner? ? ? NOT easy. Nope. Not at all. We did not, I repeat, DID NOT, break the bank, PTL! Guys, are ya hearin' this?



But . . . . right smack dab in the middle of our little excursion, the fire alarm went off. "Everybody leave by the nearest exit." This was not a drill. It was, however, a small kitchen fire. Don't think I'll be eating there. But all was well. As with every other woman I know, these two are good as multi-tasking. They ate lunch while waiting to return to the building. My kind of gals. Karen even shared her PB & J with me. It's always better when someone else makes it, don't you think?


But just in case you are a guy reading this, or perhaps you - Bob, these few photos are for you! Don't say we never think of our men when we are away - nope, nope, nope. We sacrificed valuable shopping, I mean browsing, time to take these pictures for you. I know - there aren't many, but it's hard to "hit a moving target"! So sit back - listen for the rumble, watch for the burnouts, and enjoy! (Yes, you do have to use your imagination a little here - jeepers, we can't do everything!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...glad you 3 girls got to go to OC....Sounds like a fun time,even though a fire drill interrupted things... The mother-daughter lunch was nice too...About 30 came & Stephanie had a nice devotional..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping me from breaking the bank!! It was fun!! Can't wait to see what you create with the stuff you got (and borrowed).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........