Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Simplicity of God

Have you ever had a conversation with a child that concerned God?
One that left chills in you?
One that would cause a lump in your throat?
One that really made you see thru their eyes?

I have had such a conversation with Helena. I failed to write it down at the time, but this was the gist of it:

It had been raining and we were outside putzing around. There were still clouds in the sky, along with some sunshine.

She looked up. She said she could see God's feet sticking out of the clouds. He was wearing boots. Then, she pretty much went back to what she was doing.

She was relatively young when she made this statement. It was spontaneous, out of the blue. It made me wonder. She saw Him? It gave me chills. It made me pause. It made me think.

So. . . . did she really see God, or was it just an over active imagination? Could she have remembered, if only for a second, what her Creator looked like? I believe so. I believe it with all my heart.

I am thankful for the memories of that conversation. I don't want to ever forget it because it motivates me to want to seek the Lord with that child like curiosity.
He is not complicated or invisible. I make Him that way. I've allowed the clutter in my mind and heart to cloud the "view" of Him.

It still gives me chills to this day to think of what she said.

Thru a childs eyes. Plain and simple.

1 comment:

  1. That gives me chills too. And it makes me want to look for God the way little children do. I am so thankful for our blogs, for recording the amazing gifts(and hard times) that come our way. It is such an inspiration. Today, I am going to look for God's boots sticking out of the clouds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........