Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Out of the Mouth of. . . . . .

Goldilocks.  I can always count on her to insult me come up with clever verbiage.  Sometimes I just walk into it with eyes wide open.  Never thinking of the outcome.  'Cause I'm stupid innocent like that.  Sometimes I think I am more clever than she only to find out she has insulted me in the most sly of ways.  Never see it coming.  Such as it was a couple weeks ago.

Goldi and I were standing in the kitchen. I was leaning on the sink. She  nestled in between me and the dishwasher.  Should have been suspicious then, but nope. Not me.

I was drinking coffee from my new favorite mug:


Donna Mae gave it to me for my birthday.  I L. O. V. E. it!  Of course Goldilocks knew this but that didn't stop her from asking ~ again ~ about it.  So (silly me) I proceeded to tell her ~ again ~ about my favorite mug.  That Donna had given it to me because we were sisters.  You know, simple and to the point.  So she says, "That's why there are two girls on there?". " Why, yes. You know that." I say to her.  Her eyes start to sparkle. Awe, how cute.  BIG WARNING SIGN HERE I CHOSE TO IGNORE.  (that's all I'm saying about that)   She gently turns the cup towards her as I am holding it, looks at it, looks at me, and then in an ever so sweet voice says:  "I can see the resemblance."  Insert 'deer in the headlights' look here. 

Why, oh why, can't I just learn????  But, always a but, I took comfort in knowing that there are two happy little girls on that mug. So, if I resemble one, then Donna must resemble the other!  That's my theory and I'm sticking to it! !  Sorry Donna.  tee-hee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........