Friday, March 10, 2017

A Dying Art In the Form of A Surprise!

Everyone loves surprises, everyone.  That includes Yours Truly.  I don't get them often, but when I do they are "The Ultimate In Surprises"!

This past week I was trying to surprise Hopie with a picture and a conversation from Her Person here on the Shore.  But, wouldn't you know it, the Cyber Bully kept deflecting my message.  It took help from all angles to succeed.  I'm sure as I look back it was a Divine intervention, because  Hopie ended up calling me and in the course of our conversation she asked me if I had been to the Post Office. Nope, nada, not the past few days.  Why?  As it turns out, something was waiting patiently for me.  The sender of the parcel I understand was  not so patient.  I sent a runner to retrieve the mail, and low and behold, there it was.  Like a diamond in the sun!  Gleaming up at me.

  Names and addresses have been blocked out to
protect the innocent.
Life is full of Surprises.  My little gleaming nugget was from a new found love.  The Boy that belongs to Hopie.  He's a keeper if ever there was one!  They go together like peas and carrots.  (tee-hee)

I opened up my little nugget and found the "mother lode" nestled inside:


And when I say mother lode, I'm not talking about the candy.  Although, if you know me at all, you know I am passionate about dark chocolate.  The darker, the better, I say!  And this Boy knows it!  Did I say he's a keeper?  Hopie, you better treat this boy right!  The mother lode? ~ was the L. E. T. T. E. R.
Hand written.  Proper form.  "Dear" and "Love".  THE dying art in the form of a surprise.  I shall cherish it always.  Al. Ways.  To think someone not blood related (other than my G0-To-Man) would think of me is so heart warming.  His Daddy raised him right.  Papa should be proud as a peacock!
I'm proud of him and I didn't have a hand in bringing him up! 

Just goes to show you.  When you think the world is submerged to its eyeballs in technology some caring youth gets it. What life is really about.  Connection.  Caring.  And doing.

Love that Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........