Friday, September 25, 2009

My Lemon Tree - Again

It seems life never lets me settle for more than just a moment at a time. Just when I start to feel the least bit comfortable in my "world" - life - very rudely - throws lemons at me. Now, I am not generally squeamish when it comes to getting bombarded by lemons, but sometimes - just once in a while, I would like to get to that calm place and sit for more than just 5 minutes. (Not literally, of course). By nature, I love being home - fussing over the things that make my home wonderful to me and mine. But lately - because of the lemon trees - it seems that not only my life but my nest is ruffled. It almost makes me wonder if Home is where I need to be right now. I don't want to share the reason for this last lemon storm, not right now anyway.
But, I must say, in my heart of hearts, I know God allows me this "pleasure" of being bombarded. It's just that sometimes I'm not sure how to make lemonade of the mess. That's where I am now. Before - I had a goal but my recipe for lemonade was shot down. Right now - I'm more in a quandary of sorts. Do I go back to the original goal I had? Do I look for a different "recipe"? I'm not exactly sure of where to start.
I am sure of one thing, though, and that is even when this storm passes - and it will - there will be more. So I suppose I have answered my own questions - I know I am being forged. I know God is teaching me something. I just have to be quiet long enough to listen to what He says!
And that is ok. I have grown accustomed to these raging storms. (Not comfortable, but accustomed to). So, Barb, just be still and listen!

1 comment:

  1. Well, thought I had left a comment here yesterday..hmm? Anyway, Barb, my heart & prayers go out to you during this lemon throwing season. God must have some dandy plans for this tree you are growing, it seems. He is the Master Gardener & knows what is best for each of us... This whole living by faith thing sure isn't easy , huh? One day at a time Sweet Jesus--that's all that I ask........

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........