Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let It Snow. . . .


We went to bed with it snowing last night and got up to about 4 inches on the ground. Snow usually is a stranger to the Eastern Shore of Maryland, with only a dusting or a "threat" of a visit. So we were pleasantly surprised to find the ground blanketed with the white stuff when we arose. It lifted the spirits to the point of braving the cold and nasty roads to go Christmas shopping! Even Mr. Grinch, I mean Bob, enjoyed the wintry outing! I am always excited when it snows, but I am thrilled that it is this close to Christmas! ! I may even bake some more cookies this afternoon! So. . . how's that for feeling Christmasy? Pretty good, even if I say so myself :)! ! Looks like God gave some of us our "Christmas present" a little early this year! And true to His character - it is perfect! Thank you very much :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........