Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Oxymoron

I am so excited about Christmas, but my spirit is quite sad. Why is that? I truly love this time of year, but something always tugs at my spirit and leaves me feeling a little on the "blue" side of life. Could it just be circumstances around me, my past, the uncertainty of the future, the fact that I have a brother who's birthday is this month and the thought of him makes me sad, the fact that a little baby was born just to die for my salvation and I am so undeserving of that, or a combination of all these things? It bothers me to feel this way when I know I should be kicking my heels up and doing a jig. Maybe that's the way my life balances out - good, bad, and indifferent and I am more aware of it at this time of the year. After all, it is a time to reflect back on where I've been, where I am, and where I'm going. The trick, and sometimes very hard part, is putting it all in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........