Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thank you . . . .

. . . . . for the kind words you have said about my poetry. I truly don't know where it comes from - sometimes it is so in my head that it drives me nuts because I can't get it to paper fast enough. The poetic thoughts usually present themselves at the most inopportune times: I'm driving, showering, doing dishes or trying to go to sleep. By the time I dry my hands, pull over or get out of bed the lovely words that were dancing in my brain have become like a jigsaw puzzle. I can get most of them down on paper but not in the way they originally presented themselves. I can get pretty close sometimes, but usually they leave me as quickly as they came. It's like trying to catch the "elusive butterfly"! So . . . I have purposed to try to keep pen and paper near by - just in case!

And a small confession: I didn't write "Winter" at 5:30 in the morning. I wrote it late in the afternoon the day before (over a course of time). And since blogging posts date when you start them, I din't want that. So I "post" posted for the next morning. Sorry - I'm not very creative or awake that early!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........