Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Hole-y" Board?






Okay - while at the family reunion, we were introduced to a new "board" game. It's called Holey Board (I chose to spell it this way because I'm sure it's not Holy!). It was a really neat game. There are two boards facing each other, each with three holes in them -hence - holey board :).

You stand on the end w/o the holes facing the other board and try to throw washers into one of the holes. Each hole has a point value - 1st hole - 1 pt, 2nd hole- 3 pts, and the 3rd hole - 5pts.

The object is to get to "21" without going over before your opponent. If you go over 21, you have to subtract that amount from your running total and continue until whoever gets to 21 first. We were told it was invented by some race car driver (Nascar, maybe) out of boredom.

It's not as easy as it looks or sounds. I got slaughtered! Greg was the undefeated champion in our little group (Greg, Donna, Ben and me). Ben came the closest to beating Greg. Must be a man thing - green board, washers, - kind of a golfy, tooly, thing! LOL.

Even though I stink at it, I think I would like to build this game for my yard - and you know what they say about practicing - can't let those guys get the best of us gals all the time! ! !

LIVE, LAUGH, LEARN - my motto for today! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........