Friday, July 24, 2009

My "Ah-hah!" Moment

I have been having some "issues" with my Little Ladies and other things and I have unloaded on Heidi. In "chatting" back and forth she reminded me of my own blog. Ouch! Then . . . the nerve of her :) . . . .she suggested something that I should have thought of a long time ago, all by myself. I just couldn't see the trees for the forest. She suggested a devotion with the girls and gave me the name of a couple books she sent to her niece. Now as if that wasn't enough "salt in the wound", the verse on my side bar just added to my guilt. It was Matt 19:14 - ". . . Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of Heaven."
That was yesterday.
Today I was reading a blog I am following and was rebuked again.
As I am thinking on these things - I realized I have not allowed these girls their time with God, and that was just a bitter pill for me to swallow. Nor have I allowed me my time with God. No wonder there is chaos in our worlds! ! ! So . . . I've ordered the devotionals, and promised myself to spend MY time with God as well. After all, as was stated on the blog I am following: Jesus is waiting for me, waiting to talk with me, waiting to advise me. I just need to be still long enough to hear Him. After all, it is a two way conversation! !

1 comment:

  1. Devotions are just like a blog. What good is it if no one reads it or comments on it. I sure hope you enjoy your devotions with your granddaughters. What a great legacy to pass on.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........