Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"We are where we are for a reason."

I borrowed this title from another blog I am following. Although she is talking about a particular place, I think it could apply to a "place" in time.

I am in that "place" in time. A LOT. I often think about my life and where I am. Why I am here and what good is it bringing and to whom.

Sometimes I think I am "here" to be available, accessible. Available physically and accessible personally. I think being home all the time makes me a little more so.

Life's situations give no regard to time of day. Neither does sorrow or pain or joy. It comes when it comes. Give no mind to what is on the plate for that day or time frame.

I don't know the reason for my "place" until it has come and gone. I just know that when I look back, had I been working or distanced from the situation, where would that person have gone at that moment in time? With whom would they have cried, or laughed or vented? What blessing would I have missed?

Sometimes the need comes to me and sometimes I find myself going - unbeknownst to me - to the need. I am always amazed at that. And sometimes I ask "Why?". And sometimes I feel scared. And sometimes I feel clueless. And sometimes I take it personally.

And. And, sometimes I am that need.

So, I pray for wisdom, compassion, understanding. I pray for good friends. I pray for my Aaron and Hur team and I am thankful that they are "where they are for a reason".

We all have that "place". The trick is to understand and accept it. To not fear that which you can't control, but to accept all that which you can pray for. And we can pray for ALL things.

One of my favorite quotes is: "To comfort people is to accept the risk of getting the plague of another's sadness or pain on our hearts." And I think the compliment to that would be: sharing their joy.

And that's all I have to say about that. For now.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! So true! We never know how much that person appreciates it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dearest Sister, I have faithfully been reading both of your blogs. I want you to know I have laughed, cried, felt blessed and sometimes just rolled my eyes--because I could hear myself saying the same things. Continue to inspire all that read your blogs! Sorry it has taken me so long to post a comment. You know I am "computer challenged". It has taken me this long (with your help) to figure out how to do it. Now it is your turn to laugh, roll your eyes, etc. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are where you are, because that means our paths get to cross because I am here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel lots like you...about my "place" and why & all those same questions...Seeing those blessings takes practice..There are times when I get caught up in the busyness of everyday life or my emotions distract me so that I have missed the pot of gold (AKA..blessing)..So my lesson for today.. Take life slower....look for the blessings....Enjoy the here & now.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barb.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........