Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back in the Grind

Sometimes my day after a long weekend goes pretty well. This one started off pretty good. Baby Girl took a two and a half hour nap this morning. After lunch was pretty sketchy with her. She just wanted to be walked around by the hand. Well, that's all fine and dandy for her. . . she's not the one hunched over! I opted to let go, and here's the outcome. . . . .

She's not really just sitting there. She's trying to move the cabinet with her foot. She is ticked with me.





When moving the cabinet didn't work, she opted to flop herself on the floor and have a little hissy fit! Not a way to end a good beginning, I say. She continued on for a few minutes, shoving her chair back and forth - not for kicks and giggles, mind you.



She settled a little after a nap and when the girls got home she had a snack with them. But just for the record - she hates having to think that she might just have to walk all by her little self!

Poor thing.


On a side note - Goldilocks came home from school wanting me to Google Blackbeard the Pirate. They had learned about him in school today. She filled me in on all the "details". So, I Googled him. We looked at all kinds of pictures. I found a little cartoon "movie", but that didn't work for her. She wanted the "real" thing. I'm thinking she was thinking she could actually see him. I did find a 1952 Blackbeard movie - but suffice it to say - it kinda scared her. Oh well.


All in a day's work, I say. All in a day's work!

1 comment:

  1. Blackbeards Ghost with Peter Ustinov and Dean Jones. Old Disney movie that my sister and I have loved forever. Totally worth a watch :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........