Saturday, May 21, 2011

Strawberries . . . .

"Fruit of the Spring"









It's that time of year on the shore
To pick red, ripe strawberries galore
One of the perks of the coming of spring.



There will be pies without baking
And with them jam I'll be making
They will render many a great thing.



And I can't forget the strawberry bread
For my family is smitten with the red
Of this fruit that is born in the spring.



The are great by themselves
But they don't last on my shelves
This divine fruit that is fit for a king!



Crickett

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........