Friday, August 12, 2011

I like discovering new things. . . .

. . . . and that's what happened this morning! I was reading Christie's blog about her learning new things, like a strike through and linking. I can't strike through - yet - but I can link. And when I clicked on her "link", which was actually the word "here", it took me to Susan Branch's blog. Can I just say: " I fell in love." I did. And, I'm not ashamed to admit it! So there.
Anywho - I knew she had scrapbooking paraphernalia and goodies, but a blog? Where have I been? Oh, I know. Under a mountain of kidlings!

So, I perused the boulevards of her blog. And let me tell ya, I think we may just be kindred spirits! I loved, loved, loved her post on the dish towels. Hear me, Heidi? I think a trek to the antique store where I purchased the table cloth is in order sometime soon! I'll buy if you fly - gas that is!

And . . . while strolling along I happened upon this poem. It reminded me instantly of Goldilocks and that I should never lose that part of my soul. Never!


"I meant to do my work today -

But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,

And a butterfly flitted across the field,

And all the leaves were calling me."

Richard LeGallienne

The one thing I am learning as I get older is a hard thing for me to accept - and that is -
things will always be here - chores to do - busyness will call - but tomorrow is never promised.
So I am trying to look at life through the eyes of all of my girls- and guys. It is taking some adjustment, but I am seriously working on it! Life is "much a-do about nothing" - most of the time.

Rease and I were talking about the Gifts that God gives us yesterday. And she made the statement that being a Mom-mom was a gift. It is, but, I think it is more like a blessing! They may tangle me up, but their unconditional love more than straightens my life!

So here's to butterflies, and apple trees,
Shiny things, and bumble bees,
Rocks, and bugs and slimy things
And the joys that children bring.

Here's to today that gently unfolds
Here's to tomorrow with journeys untold.
Here's to friends that understand
And here's to family - the best in the land!

With that - I shall bid thee farewell - 'til the 'morrow!

1 comment:

  1. I KNEW you would love Susan Branch! She is marvelous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........