Monday, August 22, 2011

Oragnizing Thoughts. . . .

I have been pondering, seriously pondering, for quite some time now, putting all my poetry in one place. Logically for me it has become a composition book. No spirals, no tear-ability because of spirals, and you can always get compo books that are exactly the same size! I'm funny about symmetry and all that jazz. If I'm going to have a pile of books that I am writing in, I want them to "line up"! So there!

Anyway, I ran across a hardly used compo book and decided I would make it my own. I will cover the front and back and insides (maybe the insides) to say "me"! There are already a couple of poems in there that I am working on. Keeping them company were a couple pages of "notes" that spoke to me sometime in the past. I am going to rip them out - but no fear - they will live here amongst the pages of my blog - for eternity, maybe, if cyber space doesn't crash!

Here is the first one I want to share:


Add Joy to Your Daily Life


  1. Pay as much attention to the things that are working positively in your life as you do to those that are giving you trouble. Sounds like I need to work on this one!

  2. Rake a big pile of leaves every fall and jump in with someone you love! Any takers?

  3. Memorize your favorite love poem. Better get busy, hadn't I?

  4. Learn three knock, knock jokes so you will always be ready to entertain children. KNOCK-KNOCK - WHO'S THERE? EYE. EYE WHO. EYE'LL ALWAYS LOVE YA!

  5. Don't let weeds grow around your dreams. Gottalot of weedin' to do!

  6. Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something! Yes, yes they have.

  7. Regardless of the situation, react with class. Ouch, that hurt!

  8. Let some things remain mysterious. Ooo, la, la ;)

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.



Yep, that's me in the red. I have work to do. It appears to be quite a bit.


Now to remove the page from my future poetry book. It kinda hurts, just a little, to rip notes from a book - but I. Can. Do. It! ! ! I just say to me: "Self, it is for a good cause. It is for your therapy." And self replies: "Yes, yes it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........