Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This Morning. . . .

. . . . as with most mornings, I sit at the computer with my cup-o-joe, checking my emails, maybe FB and blogs that I follow. This morning was no different, as far as the computer is concerned. But - while playing a game of Mahjong Titans, I hear the birds outside singing - really singing their hearts out. I feel the breeze coming in the window - it is cool and soothing - and on it's coat tail is the smell of someone's breakfast cooking. The smell of bacon sizzling in the pan. Oh. My. Merciful. Stars!

The birds, the breeze, the smell. I couldn't concentrate! I left the computer with my cup-o-joe and outside we go! Some call it dawdling, some - daydreaming, some - slacking. I call it - ahhhh. But I think God has a way of inspiring that. I prefer to think He is sending you out "to play" so you don't get stale. To break you of habits you have developed or are in the process of developing. You just have to obey. I chatted with my next door neighbor, at the fence. He was at the fence, I was on the deck. It was a nice chat.

I'm glad I listened. I'm glad I obeyed.

Can I say my soul was at peace. It was. It is.



"When peace like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........