Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over

I am in a superb mood today! It is raining outside - (yea, I know, I was just complaing about the rain), But, it has a calming effect today. Its a steady drizzle. A good day for reading, scrapping or posting on my blog and catching up on my blogging buddies!
I have to reflect on yesterday, which was a BEAUTIFUL day. The weather was great and I was in very good company, with two great friends. God truly does bless, even in the smallest ways. We went to OC for a stamping convention. Now, I'm not a stamper by "trade". But, I am learning to like it and can see the potential for using stamps in my scrapbooks. I'm not jumping ship - just embracing the inevitable - lol! ! Anyway - we made a day of it - shopping, laughing, eating, crying, shopping some more, laughing some more, and eating some more. Did I say it was a wonderful day? Sometimes my cup runneth over! !
To add to the wonderfulness of yesterday - Pastor's message was great this morning (Hebrews 13). One of the "points" he talked about was enjoying spiritual fellowship: hospitality, concern for others - this one really spoke to me. I think sometimes I have a hard time reaching out because I don't want to fall short of other people's expectations of me - I think that is pride. I am so glad I was able to step beyond that (which was scary) and pick two wonderful ladies to be my "Aaron & Hur". But what I have come to realize, and I think I've known this all along, is that I'm not the only one in that "bucket". So many people are hurting today - and just don't know where to turn. It hurts to think about it.
Anyhow - God is an Awesome God and He is forging us to His liking - AMEN? Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Barb, I am so thankful for your spiritual fellowship! What a good way to put it :) So glad you had a fun day! Stamping is pretty cool! My mom gave me all her old stamps, some of them she had before my sister was born, now they are vintage! I love 'em! Love and big hugs from me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
i'm a wife, a mom, a mom-mom, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, a friend...i'm a child of God.... i love to read, scrap, and sew (all when time permits!)... i like trying new things, going to different places, even if only in my mind....i like simple, but life is complicated....i like spring days, snow storms, thunderstorms, and big puffy clouds you can make things out of....i like coffee, tea and iced chocolate milk you can sip thru a straw..........